The history of the Slatinice spa dates back to the 16th century and their first guest was a monarch Simon of Nadějov. In 1580, the well-known moravian physician Tomáš Jordán from Klausenburg described the local springs as healing. In 1714 the spa had 7 rooms and the more modern spa building was to take place 11 years later, but unfortunately due to other construction it had to be postponed. The spa began to be built in 1731 directly at the source of the healing spring. However the construction was never completed due to wet soil. For these reasons, the spa house was not built until 1733 on the place where it still stands today. Then there were other owners and periods of successes and failures, until the spa developed into the form as we know today.